There are several ways to travel across Jianghu:
- walking/running manually on land, buildings and even on water surface (Sometimes using Flying skills.)
- mounted on a horse
- by stagecoach
- climbing walls
- by boat
- using the map or task/quest list
Horses[edit | edit source]
Horses are available as temporary (!) means of travel only. The horse whistle disappears after a certain ingame period. They can be
- awarded by certain missions
- bought from:
- Item Shop
- guild stable ????
- Horse Seller NPCs ...
- sent/received as a gift
There are 12 Horse types in Jianghu:
- Old Horse
- Yellow Horse
- Mongolian Horse
- Hetao Horse
- Dayuan Horse
- Linju ('Lin Horse' in Item Shop)
- Red Lightning
- Ziyanliu Horse
- Drifting Cloud (just 'Cloud' in Item Shop)
- Rushing Cloud
Stagecoach[edit | edit source]
The Stagecoach is a method of transport for long distances, for a minor fee payable in silver coins.
- The Official Stagecoach can connect players to other scenes
- The Village Stagecoach is a transport hub that connects players to areas in the present scene
Characters gain Experience even while enjoying the various landscapes. Players must open the map to find their desired Stagecoach, select it to go there, then talk to the coachman and choose the destination. They can exit the vehicle at any time during their travel.
Boats[edit | edit source]
Similar with stagecoaches, boats can transport players to different areas of the current scene, paying a minor fee in silver coins. Players must open the map to locate a Boatman NPC, select it to go there, talk to it then choose their destination. They can jump off the boat at any time during the journey.
Swimming and Diving[edit | edit source]
While under the water, a breath meter will show ...
Teleportation[edit | edit source]
At the beginning of the game, a player has two Teleport Points (starter town is one of them). They may add new Teleport Points:
- by joining a school (teleport point to the school automatically added after joining)
- by joining a guild (may add up to three guild Teleport Points in the guild territory, save those for easy access)
- going to Herbal Hall or Mortuary (can be found in all cities and some in the wild, talk to the NPC inside, select “Add Teleport Point” from the list of options to save the point, players can have up to five of those Teleport Points saved
Teleporting has a 10 minutes cooldown timer.
Map Travel[edit | edit source]
Mousing over icons on the map, shows detailed information about that icon.
Use the scroll bar to zoom in and out of the Map Display. You can move the map using the four arrow keys above the scroll bar.
Click the image of a player between the arrow keys to center on your current location.
Click “Last Level” to show the area map.
Hold down the Right Mouse Button to drag the Map.
Label Operation[edit | edit source]
The Map Label Bar is located on the bottom of the map. It shows the locations of NPCs and other sites of interest on the map.
Main label: Checking one of the boxes in the Label Bar shows all subcategories within that bar on the map.
Sub label: Subcategories within the Main Label. Select them to find that particular item on the map.
Selecting “Map label” from the bottom bar allows you to customize your own Map Labels.
[edit | edit source]
Displays basic information about your various tasks and quests.
NPC Query[edit | edit source]
Click on the “Search for NPC” tab in the upper right hand corner of the map to show the NPCs in each area of the scene. All NPCs are divided into different categories.
You can type a key word in the Search Bar, and it will search for the NPC whose name contains the key word. The reset button can reset the NPC list display.
Clicking on a quest NPC name or marker or location on the map or in the quest tracker causes the character to run or ride automatically to this NPC via on auto-pathing.